How to join Rinki
Joining Rinki is easy: fill in the contract and return it to Rinki. Read more here:
1. Contract form
You can download the contract here:
A) Finnish company that packs products or imports packed products to the Finnish market and has a total turnover of at least 1 M€.
B) Distance seller (foreign company), selling packed products directly to users in Finland and has a total turnover of 1M € or more.
New operators are concerned by producer responsibility under the revised Waste Act that entered into force on 19 July 2021:
- Foreign company that sells packed products directly to users in Finland through distance sales and has a total turnover of at least 1M€ is required to join the producer responsibility system.
The below mentioned operators can also join the producer responsibility system by using the same contract form under paragraph B.
- Operator comparable to a producer, which delivers products to the Finnish market by other means than distance selling, can join the producer responsibility system.
- E-commerce platform administrator can join the producer responsibility system and fulfil the producer responsibility obligations in Finland on behalf of the distance sellers operating on their platform.
- Finnish authorised representative can join the producer responsibility system on behalf of the distance seller, E-commerce platform administrator or operator comparable to a producer, and fulfil their producer responsibility obligations.
Rinki administers contracts that allow companies to transfer their producer responsibility for packaging to producer organisations.
Please contact Rinki’s customer service for companies if you need advice. Tel. +358 9 6162 3500 (Mon-Fri 8:30-15:30) and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Registration of company details and the extranet username and password
Once the contract sent to Rinki has been approved, Rinki saves the companies’ details in the register and sends the contact person specified in the contract a welcome email that explains the use of the extranet service. Reporting packaging data and updating company details are easy and effortless through the service. The Rinki trademark and certificate, which are Rinki’s customer benefits, can be downloaded from the extranet. They communicate a company’s responsibility and show that it bears producer responsibility for packaging.
3. The company will be added to the Rinki member companies list on our website
4. Invoicing after the acceptance of packaging data
Every year, the member companies report the packaging volumes they placed on the market the previous year. Once a company has submitted its packaging data and they have been accepted, Rinki sends an invoice according to the price list.
When joining RINKI Ltd, the company pays a one-off registration fee and an annual customer fee. In addition, the company pays material-specific recycling fees determined by the producer organisations, which Rinki invoices the producers for and deposits with the producer organisations. Rinki customer fees and recycling fees for packaging are based on the company’s packaging volumes in the previous year that the company has reported to Rinki.